The American Legion [Volume 147, No. 5 (November 1999)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Morale Is High! Legionnaires come together for the 81st National Convention in Anaheim, Calif.
- It Never Rains In Southern California: This year's Convention Parade was awash in blue skies and sunshine
- Highlights From Anaheim: Speeches, entertainment, awards and more took center stage at the Convention
- 81st National Convention Adopts 82 Resolutions: The American Legion's priorities and concerns set the tone for the coming year
- Meet Your Legion Leaders: The Legion's top leadership offers a wide variety of talent and experience
- Fulfilled Field Dreams: Big bats attack a Connecticut town as the Legion World Series wraps up its 74th season by Steve Brown
- Gilt For The Golden Years: Financial security in retirement is but a stroll on a sunny beach with a bouncy dog in tow. On the other hand, maybe it's flipping burgers for minimum wages. by Theodore Rickard
- Restoring The Shining City On The Hill: The troubling question, "What's wrong with America?" not only has an answer, but a solution by William J. Bennett
- Just An Average Hero: When it comes to celebrity status, Medal of Honor recipient Gary Wetzel would rather sit on the sidelines by Terry Coffey and Peter B. Rose
- Interview With Gen. Colin Powell: Retired JCS chairman discusses veterans' issues and America's defense by Donald T. Lambro
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Gen. Colin Powell addresses troops during Operation Desert Storm in February 1991. AP Photo digitally altered by Evan Wysong.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.