The American Legion [Volume 147, No. 5 (November 1999)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Morale Is High! Legionnaires come together for the 81st National Convention in Anaheim, Calif.
- It Never Rains In Southern California: This year's Convention Parade was awash in blue skies and sunshine
- Highlights From Anaheim: Speeches, entertainment, awards and more took center stage at the Convention
- 81st National Convention Adopts 82 Resolutions: The American Legion's priorities and concerns set the tone for the coming year
- Meet Your Legion Leaders: The Legion's top leadership offers a wide variety of talent and experience
- Fulfilled Field Dreams: Big bats attack a Connecticut town as the Legion World Series wraps up its 74th season by Steve Brown
- Gilt For The Golden Years: Financial security in retirement is but a stroll on a sunny beach with a bouncy dog in tow. On the other hand, maybe it's flipping burgers for minimum wages. by Theodore Rickard
- Restoring The Shining City On The Hill: The troubling question, "What's wrong with America?" not only has an answer, but a solution by William J. Bennett
- Just An Average Hero: When it comes to celebrity status, Medal of Honor recipient Gary Wetzel would rather sit on the sidelines by Terry Coffey and Peter B. Rose
- Interview With Gen. Colin Powell: Retired JCS chairman discusses veterans' issues and America's defense by Donald T. Lambro
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Gen. Colin Powell addresses troops during Operation Desert Storm in February 1991. AP Photo digitally altered by Evan Wysong.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
Address of Edward A. Hayes, National Commander, The American Legion, at the services at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Arlington National Cemetery, Washington, D.C., 11 a.m., November 11, 1933 Hayes, Edward, A., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1933)