The American Legion [Volume 126, No. 5 (May 1989)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover: Memorial Day 1989 by Joe Braun-Photo Design
- Seniors Irate Over Insurance Surtax: Millions of Senior Citizens Are Demanding Repeal or Overhaul of the Catastrophic Insurance Coverage Act by Oliver Starr Jr
- Our Overblown Congress: Congress Is Increasing Its Operating Budget to 2.5 Billion Dollars. Shouldn't Someone Tell It About the Budget Deficit? by Charles Philips
- Why the Soviets Left Afghanistan: With the Afghanistan Debacle Out of the Way, Gorbachev Can Acquire Western Technology to Resolve His Economic Woes by Philip C Clarke
- Ask Me About Mike Warren: "Is Our Dilemma That of All Americans After Vietnam: Either Forget About It or Be Damned to Wallow in It?" by David S Harrington
- The Mystique of Advertising: Advertising Provides Americans the Highest Standard of Living in the World. So Why Is It Maligned?
- Is the Cold War Over?: Although Soviet Reforms Deserve Praise and Encouragement, America Is Keeping Its "Powder Dry" by Dr. Timothy W Stanley
- White-Knuckle Flying: We're More Likely to Be Struck by Lightning on a Golf Course Than Die in an Air Crash, but Tell That to the Nation's 25 Million Aerophobiacs by Phyllis Zauner
- Battle Report: Midway: The Japanese Imperial Fleet Met Its Waterloo at Midway by Vernon Pizer
- Desperation in the Middle East: Frantic Measures to Save a Friend from Death by Torture May Have Led to the Iran-Contra Affair by Niles Lathem
- A Lifetime of Nightmares: Part 2 of a Five-Part Series on the American Legion and Columbia University Study of Vietnam Veterans
- Washington Conference Report: A Scientist Accuses the Centers for Disease Control of Trying to "Perpetrate the Largest Scientific Fraud of the Century"
- How Posts Keep Their Members: "Posts That Are Consistently Successful Keep Their Members Active"
- Big Issues: Should the Minimum Wage Be Increased?
- Commander's Message
- Veterans Update
- Your American Legion
- Legion New Briefs
- Veterans Alert
- Legionnaire of the Month
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
Address of Edward A. Hayes, National Commander, The American Legion, at the services at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Arlington National Cemetery, Washington, D.C., 11 a.m., November 11, 1933 Hayes, Edward, A., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1933)