The American Legion [Volume 133, No. 4 (October 1992)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- VA At The Crossroads: VA health care: One road leads to destruction; the other, to survival
- Murder, Mayhem, And The Mother Tongue: How mistakes in English produce a new gibberish by James Kilpatrick
- Screen Victories: Now featured in a magazine near you, the 12 best WWII movies by David Krauss
- Car wars: Can America's Auto Industry De Saved? The U.S. has lost ground, but the presidents of the Big Three are optimistic by Edward J. Sullivan, Robert C. Stempel, Harold A. Poling and Lee A. Iacocca
- The Power Of Ideas: Scholar James A. Smith tells how think tanks mold government policies
- The Family In Danger: We should treat the causes, not the symptoms, of family breakdowns by Robert Rector
- Who Really Discovered America? Norwegian explorer Helge Ingstad says the Vikings did it first
- Introducing The National Commander: Roger A. Munson of Ohio takes the Legion helm for 1992-1993
- Big Issues: Should Congress ban abortion counseling in federally financed clinics?
- Washington Watch
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: In their battle against Japanese auto makers, new U.S. production facilities, such as this Saturn assembly line, help the Big Three produce the cars America wants. For more about today's car wars, see Page 24. Photograph by Ted Thai/TIME.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)