The American Legion [Volume 135, No. 2 (August 1993)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Voices of World War II: Hundreds of Legionnaires tell their WWII stories in this new book
- Battle for the Aleutians: Americans fought the weather, as much as the Japanese, to reclaim this U.S. territory by Sid Moody
- Coffee Conundrum: scares about tainted or tampered food are often more hype than health risks by Gary Turbak
- The Defense Industry: The Pain of Peace: The nation's economy feels the impact of the U.S. Armed Forces downsizing, too by William Matthews
- The Armed Forces: Is Leaner Meaner? Experts wonder if the new military will add up to the best national defense by William Matthews
- Bureaucracy's Gotta Go! The author of Reinventing Government says government should work more like business
- Today's New Nuclear Monster: Technology and tyrants combine to spread nuclear weaponry around the world by Peter Schweizer
- Gumshoes Step it Up: Private investigators now handle the cases the police can't by Robert McGarvey
- Big Issues: Should the Navy stop building Seawolf submarines?
- Your American Legion
- Commander's Message
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Cover: Iraq's Saddam Hussein remains committed to having nuclear weapons. And many suppliers are willing to cut a deal. See Page 30. Illustration by John Maggard/Scott Hall Associates.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)