The American Legion [Volume 142, No. 4 (April 1997)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Go With Your Gut: If you've ever had a hunch, you can have more and better ones by Robert McGarvey
- The Most Artful Dodger: Fifty years ago, Jackie Robinson broke the color line by Carl Erskine
- Homeward Bound: A forgotten army of 250,000 homeless veterans gets some help by Phyllis Zauner
- Making The Grade: Much goes wrong in public schools, but some fixes are working by Lynn Criner
- Raising The Standards (interview): Secretary of Education Richard W. Riley grades our schools
- Degrees Of Guilt: That "sheepskin" better not be Naugahyde by Mark Rowh
- Big Issues: Should The Department of Education be placed under Health & Human Services?
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- On Duty
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Trouble brewing east of Suez. Illustration by Jeff Mangiat/Mendola.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.