The American Legion [Volume 141, No. 6 (December 1996)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Power Of Praise: Say something nice, and some nice things happen by Robert McGarvey
- It's A Wonderful Life: How and why Frank Capra 's first post-war film became a holiday classic by Victor M. Parachin
- Mr. Veteran: G.V. "Sonny" Montgomery's legacy to veterans past, present and future
- Tin Can Odyssey: A destroyer's crew set sail to victory and manhood by Kent Wadsworth
- The GI Bill Of Health: The Legion's plan addresses the needs of veterans' families by Miles Z. Epstein
- Miracle On An Unsilent Night: In the heat of combat, two downed fliers are blessed with the promise of peace by Tom McKenney
- The Bottom Line Is Quality Care: National Commander Joe Frank shares with Congress the Legion's vision for VA
- Big Issues: Should government phase out Amtrak support?
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- On Duty
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Wonderful: Few films have affirmed our values and our holiday hopes as touchingly as It's A Wonderful Life. Illustration by Eric J.W. Lee.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)