The American Legion [Volume 141, No. 5 (November 1996)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Out Of The Ashes: The art of the flag: Out of inspiration but into nihilism by Steve Salerno
- Give GIs A Nobel Prize: They've saved the world more than once by N.J. Kressel
- War Of Words: A (Persian) Gulf between media and military by Johanna Neuman
- Healthy Returns: Why the GI Bill of Health broadens the VHA system
- Uncle Sam's Mike Force: Training those who are on duty on the air by Ken Cauthern
- Deep Trouble: Sunken Russian subs are still a danger by Miles Z. Epstein
- Still Serving America: Report from the Salt Lake City National Convention
- Resolutions: For the good of the nation, The American Legion resolves. . .
- Highlights: Guests, bands, meetings and speakers; Legionnaires tend to their business
- National Officers: Introducing the 1996-97 American Legion leaders
- Big Issues: Should Congress Cease Funding National Endowment for Arts?
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- On Duty
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover The political season is in full cry throughout the nation with the presidential candidates responding to questions on the issues on page 14. Art by Alex Murawskl/Gerald & Cullen Rapp, Inc.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)