The American Legion [Volume 140, No. 3 (March 1996)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Last Battleship: Can America afford to turn its most powerful ships into tourist attractions? by Miles Z. Epstein
- Stolen Honor: Stolen and fake Medals of Honor and other combat decorations are bringing hefty sums from hero wannabees by Susan Katz Keating
- In the Line of Fire: It used to be that firefighters only had to worry about fires. But today they have become the targets of gang violence and city budget cutters, as well as private firms that care more about profits than people
- Jailhouse Crock: Prisoners and their frivolous suits are tying up the courts and costing the taxpayers millions
- Snow, Sky and Salt: Here's a look at our upcoming 78th National Convention by Joe Stuteville
- Big Issues: Should Congress make English the official language?
- On Duty
- Legion News
- Commander's Message
- Your American Legion
- Washington Watch
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Battleships such as the USS Iowa on this month's cover may find their future as museums, if the Navy has its way. See page 24. Photo by Hilton/U.S. Navy.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.