The American Legion [Volume 113, No. 2 (August 1982)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Nostalgia a la mode: Ice cream, considered an institution in the U.S., made famous by a renowned first lady, is just about the closest thing there is to a natural food by Ruth Pittman
- The Contest For Freedom: The U.S. and U.S.S.R. each face seven vulnerabilities in the '80s. The U.S. can correct its vulnerabilities. The Soviets can't and remain Marxist by David M. Abshire
- Combat Art: U. S. Navy: The U.S. Navy in action in different wars is seen through the eyes and artistic talents of Navy combat artists working at the scene
- Timesharing: Penny Wise or Pound Foolish? Here's a look at how best to navigate the tricky shoals of timesharing, a modern real estate concept permitting multi-ownership of an apartment. It's a dream come true when well planned and managed, but a nightmare when it's not by Dana K. Cassell
- Best and Worst Job in Sports: ". . .wifey and a couple of relatives . . . pull for ya. In the end, ya just can't win," was how the late, great Casey Stengel described his life in baseball. Then why would anyone want to manage a big-league team? by Al Stump
- Commander's Message: "Challenge For The Future"
- Big Issues: "Is A Nuclear Arms Freeze Advisable?"
- The Message Center
- News for Legionnaires
- Dateline Washington
- News to Use
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)