The American Legion Magazine [Volume 107, No. 5 (November 1979)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Can Public Opinion Polls Be Trusted? Some reasons why the pollsters sometime prove to be somewhat less than infallible by Philip C. Clarke
- Two Flags of Iwo Jima: Two flags were planted on Mt. Suribachi and each of them had special significance by Richard Wheeler
- The Story of the Unknowns: Concerning the honored dead, known but to God, who rest in Arlington Cemetery by Philip R. Smith, Jr.
- The Good Ship Carnegie: It was an extraordinary vessel, one that made significant records in the world of science by Franklin H. Portugal
- Turkeys from Heaven: The helicopter gave the two soldiers on the mountain reasons to be thankful by Gerald A. Willey
- Commander's Message: A Things veterans should know, but don't
- Big Issues: Opposing Views on the question: "Should Congress adopt a value-added tax?"
- The Message Center
- News for Legionnaires
- Dateline Washington
- News to Use
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Schmidt, Charles E., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. Media and Communications Division (2016-10-24)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2004)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)