The American Legion Magazine [Volume 93, No. 2 (August 1972)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Can We Save Our Schools by Demanding Results? Our educational system as a whole is one of the most expensive failures we own. Here is a look at what went wrong, and why, and how the system can perhaps yet be saved. by Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D.
- W.C. Handy and the Birth of the Blues: Few American musicians have become more famous than William Christopher handy, the Father of the Blues, and none has become a musical giant against greater odds by Peggy Robbins
- Should Congress Adopt a Value-Added Tax? Two Sides of a National Question: Pro: Rep. Orval Hansen (R-ID) Con: Sen. James B. Pearson (R-KS)
- A Look at the Appalachian Trail: Ten pages of photos and text on the trail that runs some 2,000 miles through 14 states, from Maine to Georgia by Leavitt A. Knight, Jr.
- Cover: Drawing by James Flora
- Letters to the Editor
- Dateline Washington
- Life in the Outdoors
- Veterans Newsletter
- News of The American Legion
- Legion Shopper
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)