The American Legion Magazine [Volume 43, No. 1 (July 1947)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Photo by Leo Aarons
- Dang'dest Show on Earth by C. C. Springfield. How Texas convicts bust bulls and sometimes try to bust out at their rodeo
- Sidewise Johansen (fiction) by Fred Lane. An up-and-coming chief mate gets his come-uppance
- No End to Traffic Deaths? by Myron Stearns. Motorists carry the seeds of destruction within themselves
- Brass Knocker by R. Wilson Brown. How a sergeant whittled very important people down to size
- Where Are the Veterans' Hospitals? by Charles Hurd and Robert B. Pitkin. There are many scapegoats but the villain is Mr. Average Citizen
- Three Answers to Housing Question by J.C. Keeley. Pictures that tell more than most of the words spoken on this subject
- Look, No Motor! by Alexis Dawydoff. How modern Darius Greens are leaving the world behind
- Our Fight Against Communism by Paul H. Griffith. Freedom vs. Bondage as seen by the National Commander
- More Than a Comeback by Robert R. Richards. How far can you go in the prize ring on an aluminum leg?
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Veterans with Ideas
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)