The American Legion [Volume 167, No. 6 (December 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Holiday Honors: This Christmas, volunteers will place 100,000 wreaths at Arlington and other veterans cemeteries. By Dennis McCafferty.
- The War Inside: A rising suicide rate among soldiers has the Army and VA stepping up prevention efforts. By Ken Olsen.
- The Magi From Texas In the middle of a war, three U.S. soldiers blessed an Italian family with an unexpected Christmas Eve dinner. By Anthony V. Cervone.
- The Boy With the 40-Year-Old Kidney: With the help of Legionnaires, the Children’s Organ Transplant Association helps hundreds of families every year. By Margaret Davidson.
- The First Generation: Before founding The New Yorker magazine, World War I veteran Harold Ross edited The American Legion Weekly. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)