The American Legion [Volume 156, No. 4 (April 2004)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Corporate Greed Rises From the Depths: Recent corporate scandals have left many Americans reluctant to dive back into the stock market. By Robert Bryce.
- "We Need These Laws": Terrorism expert Victoria Toensing defends the often-maligned PATRIOT Act.
- An Honored Adversary: Defeated Japanese servicemembers pay tribute to Adm. Chester W. Nimitz. By Kay Grant.
- No Divine Right: Granting amnesty to illegal aliens threatens U.S. sovereignty and safety. By Michelle Malkin.
- My Heart’s Content: After meeting with a Vietnam War veteran, writer Pat Conroy realizes he’s not the man he thought he was. By Pat Conroy.
- To Make Men Free: The Sept. 11 generation knows that force is sometimes necessary. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Surrender at Appomattox: The Civil War ended with veterans in blue saluting their foes, “Americans to Americans.” By Jay Winik.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Under the Radar
- Legion News
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)