The American Legion [Volume 183, No. 5 (November 2017)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Silent Hero: Navy pilot Royce Williams shot down four Soviet MiGs during the Korean War, then followed orders to keep it quiet for a half-century. By Henry Howard
- "A Warm and Generous Heart": Vietnam War hero James McCloughan touched lives in battle and on the ballfield. By Henry Howard
- Doughboy MIA: Wisconsin Legionnaire Robert Laplander and his team are reopening investigations into World War I's missing Americans. By Matt Grills
- Unsung Heroes: At the 99th National Convention in Reno, Nev., National Commander Charles E. Schmidt praises Legionnaires' work, calls for strengthening membership.
- Regular features: Vet Voice, Commander's Message, I Am The American Legion, Big Issues, Living Well, Travel, Veterans Update, Rapid Fire, Comrades, Parting Shots
- Cover photo by Lucas Carter
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2014)