The American Legion [Volume 151, No. 1 (July 2001)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Courage v. Civility: In their efforts to be seen as tolerant and nonjudgmental, active citizens can become cowards by Clarence Thomas
- The Fight For Moral Rights: Undaunted by gay-rights groups and other critics, the Boy Scouts stand their ground by Edwin Meese III
- The Children's Story: When we fail to explain the gift of freedom to the next generation, it can be lost in 25 minutes by James Clavell
- New Bank Partner Helps Vets, Kids: First National Bank Omaha benefits Legion youth programs while offering smart investments By George A. Buskirk Jr.
- Preventing Armageddon: With nuclear and biological threats waiting in the wings, the time for missile defense has come by Philip c. Clarke
- Searching For Dad: The American World War II Orphans Network comforts those whose fathers didn't come home by Matt Grills
- Saving Social Security: For workers and retired seniors alike, privatization promises to be the best solution by Dan Mitchell
- "Dean" Of NEC Passes Away At 88: E. Roy Stone leaves behind a remarkable legacy of serving The American Legion
- Big Issues: Do you support more base closures now?
- Commander's Message
- Veterans Health
- Legion News
- Washington Watch
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Cover: With reverence and respect, a Boy Scout folds a flag. Under fire for a policy that prevents homosexuals from serving as Scoutmasters, the Boy Scouts are weathering vicious propaganda and a loss of financial support. See Page 14. Tony Stone photo
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)