The American Legion [Volume 143, No. 4 (October 1997)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Altered States: Send in the clones; but first, a few questions. . . by Gurney Williams III
- In Tragedy's Wake: A federal agency is there to help, and it seems to be getting better at it by Julie A. Rhoad
- Taking Care Of Our Own: The National Emergency Fund is fast, efficient, appreciated, and hard-pressed by Carin Chappelow
- Merciful Medicine (interview): There are times when death is the only treatment for pain, says this physician
- An Extraordinary Little Guy: Ernie Pyle trained to cover World War II by covering America by James Tobin
- Our Maine Man: From that rockbound coast, the Legion quarries a born competitor by Robert C. Imler
- Young Guns The Junior Air Rifle National Championship: Need someone to shoot the whiskers off an amoeba at 10 meters?
- Golden Voyage On Our Last Frontier: If the Joneses can cruise to Alaska, Yukon too by George C. Devol
- Big Issues: Should Congress Renew the President's "Fast-Track" Authority?
- Washington Watch
- Veterans Update
- Your American Legion
- On Duty
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Helix spiraling into the future. Lois Schlowsky collage of Stock Market images.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)