The American Legion [Volume 147, No. 6 (December 1999)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Lance To Congress: Keep Health Care Promises: Broken promises have a common link with military recruitment problems by John B. Raughter
- Bill Bennett On Christmas: The best-selling author reflects on American traditions and values by Steve Brown
- National Missile Defense: An Insurance Policy For The Future: As the missile threat grows, America must act now to develop a defense system by James H. Anderson
- Olympian Rattles On: Peggy Fleming tallies another victory, this time against breast cancer by Phyllis Zauner
- Learning Human Relations From Geese: Take a gander at a gaggle in "V" formation by Charles Dickson, Ph.D.
- Music For The Years: Empire Statesmen face the music in drum and bugle corps competition by Mark Faram
- Looking Back The Hard Way: Christmas is a time for family and friends, and recollecting the attack on Pearl Harbor by Peter B. Rose
- Big Issues: Should U.S. troops be under U.N. command?
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Special deliveries of peace and goodwill are The American Legion's wish for the holiday season to Legionnaires around the world. Illustration by John Maggard
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)