The American Legion [Volume 126, No. 5 (May 1989)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover: Memorial Day 1989 by Joe Braun-Photo Design
- Seniors Irate Over Insurance Surtax: Millions of Senior Citizens Are Demanding Repeal or Overhaul of the Catastrophic Insurance Coverage Act by Oliver Starr Jr
- Our Overblown Congress: Congress Is Increasing Its Operating Budget to 2.5 Billion Dollars. Shouldn't Someone Tell It About the Budget Deficit? by Charles Philips
- Why the Soviets Left Afghanistan: With the Afghanistan Debacle Out of the Way, Gorbachev Can Acquire Western Technology to Resolve His Economic Woes by Philip C Clarke
- Ask Me About Mike Warren: "Is Our Dilemma That of All Americans After Vietnam: Either Forget About It or Be Damned to Wallow in It?" by David S Harrington
- The Mystique of Advertising: Advertising Provides Americans the Highest Standard of Living in the World. So Why Is It Maligned?
- Is the Cold War Over?: Although Soviet Reforms Deserve Praise and Encouragement, America Is Keeping Its "Powder Dry" by Dr. Timothy W Stanley
- White-Knuckle Flying: We're More Likely to Be Struck by Lightning on a Golf Course Than Die in an Air Crash, but Tell That to the Nation's 25 Million Aerophobiacs by Phyllis Zauner
- Battle Report: Midway: The Japanese Imperial Fleet Met Its Waterloo at Midway by Vernon Pizer
- Desperation in the Middle East: Frantic Measures to Save a Friend from Death by Torture May Have Led to the Iran-Contra Affair by Niles Lathem
- A Lifetime of Nightmares: Part 2 of a Five-Part Series on the American Legion and Columbia University Study of Vietnam Veterans
- Washington Conference Report: A Scientist Accuses the Centers for Disease Control of Trying to "Perpetrate the Largest Scientific Fraud of the Century"
- How Posts Keep Their Members: "Posts That Are Consistently Successful Keep Their Members Active"
- Big Issues: Should the Minimum Wage Be Increased?
- Commander's Message
- Veterans Update
- Your American Legion
- Legion New Briefs
- Veterans Alert
- Legionnaire of the Month
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)