The American Legion [Volume 114, No. 4 (April 1983)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Country Music Goes to Town: Some Say It's the Sound; Others, the Lyrics. Whatever It Is -from the White House to the Boston Pops, from Nashville to New York- just about Everyone Is Enjoying a Fling with "Country" by Phyllis Zauner
- Who Will Teach the Children?: Problems in Educational Institutions Have Increased as the Numbers of Those Willing to Enter the Teaching Profession Have Decreased. Can the Situation Be Reversed? by Robert A. Hamilton
- The Invisible Epidemic: Compulsive Gambling: Its Victims Were Usually Considered among Those Most Likely to Succeed and Probably Would Have if "the Purest Form of Psychological Addiction" Hadn't Interfered by Dr. Arthur S. Freese
- Rebirth of the Battlewagon: As the Navy Completes Refitting of the New Jersey, It's Nice to Know That a Sailor and His Battleship may Separate, but the Love Affair Never Ends by Tom Gerard
- The Great Technological Laboratory: In the Event of WWII, America's "Ace Weapon" Must Be Technological Superiority. Today's Israeli-Arab Wars Are the Testing Ground for That Superiority by Ernest Cuneo
- Commander's Message: Why Not a Nuclear Freeze?
- Letters: Our Readers Comments
- Big Issues: Should the Federal Government Sell Its Land to Help Pay Its Debts?
- News to Use: Helpful Hints for Consumers
- Dateline Washington: Issues and Opinions from the Capital
- Books: Interesting New Titles
- Veterans" Update: Decisions that Affect You
- News for Legionnaires: Your Organization at Work
- Parting Shots: To Leave You Laughing
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)