The American Legion [Volume 114, No. 4 (April 1983)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Country Music Goes to Town: Some Say It's the Sound; Others, the Lyrics. Whatever It Is -from the White House to the Boston Pops, from Nashville to New York- just about Everyone Is Enjoying a Fling with "Country" by Phyllis Zauner
- Who Will Teach the Children?: Problems in Educational Institutions Have Increased as the Numbers of Those Willing to Enter the Teaching Profession Have Decreased. Can the Situation Be Reversed? by Robert A. Hamilton
- The Invisible Epidemic: Compulsive Gambling: Its Victims Were Usually Considered among Those Most Likely to Succeed and Probably Would Have if "the Purest Form of Psychological Addiction" Hadn't Interfered by Dr. Arthur S. Freese
- Rebirth of the Battlewagon: As the Navy Completes Refitting of the New Jersey, It's Nice to Know That a Sailor and His Battleship may Separate, but the Love Affair Never Ends by Tom Gerard
- The Great Technological Laboratory: In the Event of WWII, America's "Ace Weapon" Must Be Technological Superiority. Today's Israeli-Arab Wars Are the Testing Ground for That Superiority by Ernest Cuneo
- Commander's Message: Why Not a Nuclear Freeze?
- Letters: Our Readers Comments
- Big Issues: Should the Federal Government Sell Its Land to Help Pay Its Debts?
- News to Use: Helpful Hints for Consumers
- Dateline Washington: Issues and Opinions from the Capital
- Books: Interesting New Titles
- Veterans" Update: Decisions that Affect You
- News for Legionnaires: Your Organization at Work
- Parting Shots: To Leave You Laughing
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)