The American Legion [Volume 133, No. 3 (September 1992)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- On Active Duty? Join The Legion: Membership in the world's largest veterans organization can benefit you
- The VA: What It Means For America by providing services to veterans, VA helps the nation, too
- The Legion Remembers: Legion officials travel to Australia and New Guinea to honor WWII veterans
- Welcome To The Jungle: In a little-known battle, 700 GIs held off the Japanese and helped save Australia
- The Candidates Speak Out: George Bush and Bill Clinton answer questions about veterans' issues
- Is American Culture Subverting The American Way? Two scholars debate our values by Robert H. Bork and Ben. J. Wattenberg
- M1 Garand: For many soldiers, this rifle was their best friend by Robert Bruce
- Boys & Girls Together. Not! Single-sex schools, the education trend of the future by Gurney Williams III
- Big Issues: Should Congress Pass The Violent Crime Control Act Of 1991?
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: National Commander Dominic D. DiFrancesco, National Adjutant Robert W. Spanogle and a New Guinean tribal spokesman participate in the dedication of the Legion's memorial at Bottcher's Corner in the town of Buna, Papua New Guinea. See Page 29. Photograph by Daniel S. Wheeler.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)