The American Legion [Volume 135, No. 2 (August 1993)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Voices of World War II: Hundreds of Legionnaires tell their WWII stories in this new book
- Battle for the Aleutians: Americans fought the weather, as much as the Japanese, to reclaim this U.S. territory by Sid Moody
- Coffee Conundrum: scares about tainted or tampered food are often more hype than health risks by Gary Turbak
- The Defense Industry: The Pain of Peace: The nation's economy feels the impact of the U.S. Armed Forces downsizing, too by William Matthews
- The Armed Forces: Is Leaner Meaner? Experts wonder if the new military will add up to the best national defense by William Matthews
- Bureaucracy's Gotta Go! The author of Reinventing Government says government should work more like business
- Today's New Nuclear Monster: Technology and tyrants combine to spread nuclear weaponry around the world by Peter Schweizer
- Gumshoes Step it Up: Private investigators now handle the cases the police can't by Robert McGarvey
- Big Issues: Should the Navy stop building Seawolf submarines?
- Your American Legion
- Commander's Message
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Cover: Iraq's Saddam Hussein remains committed to having nuclear weapons. And many suppliers are willing to cut a deal. See Page 30. Illustration by John Maggard/Scott Hall Associates.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)