The American Legion [Volume 142, No. 4 (April 1997)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Go With Your Gut: If you've ever had a hunch, you can have more and better ones by Robert McGarvey
- The Most Artful Dodger: Fifty years ago, Jackie Robinson broke the color line by Carl Erskine
- Homeward Bound: A forgotten army of 250,000 homeless veterans gets some help by Phyllis Zauner
- Making The Grade: Much goes wrong in public schools, but some fixes are working by Lynn Criner
- Raising The Standards (interview): Secretary of Education Richard W. Riley grades our schools
- Degrees Of Guilt: That "sheepskin" better not be Naugahyde by Mark Rowh
- Big Issues: Should The Department of Education be placed under Health & Human Services?
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- On Duty
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Trouble brewing east of Suez. Illustration by Jeff Mangiat/Mendola.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)