The American Legion [Volume 134, No. 4 (April 1993)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Is This Operation Really Necessary? Here's what you should know about the 10 most over-prescribed surgeries by Steve Salerno
- From Army Cook to Hamburger King: Wendy's restaurant owner Dave Thomas Reveals his recipe for success
- Democracy in Nicaragua: Still in Trouble: Now out of the headlines, this Central American country quietly struggles to stay free by Elliott Abrams
- How Wars are Won: Just like World War II, the Gulf War proved that aggressive offense, not containment, brings victory by Harry G. Summers, Jr.
- The Politics of Hate: Spurred by anti-foreigner sentiment, fascism and Nazism are back and gaining new followers in Europe by Steve Vogel
- They Aren't Just Rap Centers Anymore: Today's vet centers are treating the emotional wounds of war by Ken Scharnberg
- Big Issues: Should Congress ease the product-liability law?
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Commander's Message
- Legion News
- Washington Watch
- Cover: While some doctor blame excessive surgeries for skyrocketing medical costs, others defend the current practices. Read about the debate on page 14. Photo by Kim Steele/Image Bank.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)