The American Legion [Volume 141, No. 6 (December 1996)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Power Of Praise: Say something nice, and some nice things happen by Robert McGarvey
- It's A Wonderful Life: How and why Frank Capra 's first post-war film became a holiday classic by Victor M. Parachin
- Mr. Veteran: G.V. "Sonny" Montgomery's legacy to veterans past, present and future
- Tin Can Odyssey: A destroyer's crew set sail to victory and manhood by Kent Wadsworth
- The GI Bill Of Health: The Legion's plan addresses the needs of veterans' families by Miles Z. Epstein
- Miracle On An Unsilent Night: In the heat of combat, two downed fliers are blessed with the promise of peace by Tom McKenney
- The Bottom Line Is Quality Care: National Commander Joe Frank shares with Congress the Legion's vision for VA
- Big Issues: Should government phase out Amtrak support?
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- On Duty
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Wonderful: Few films have affirmed our values and our holiday hopes as touchingly as It's A Wonderful Life. Illustration by Eric J.W. Lee.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)