The American Legion [Volume 141, No. 6 (December 1996)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Power Of Praise: Say something nice, and some nice things happen by Robert McGarvey
- It's A Wonderful Life: How and why Frank Capra 's first post-war film became a holiday classic by Victor M. Parachin
- Mr. Veteran: G.V. "Sonny" Montgomery's legacy to veterans past, present and future
- Tin Can Odyssey: A destroyer's crew set sail to victory and manhood by Kent Wadsworth
- The GI Bill Of Health: The Legion's plan addresses the needs of veterans' families by Miles Z. Epstein
- Miracle On An Unsilent Night: In the heat of combat, two downed fliers are blessed with the promise of peace by Tom McKenney
- The Bottom Line Is Quality Care: National Commander Joe Frank shares with Congress the Legion's vision for VA
- Big Issues: Should government phase out Amtrak support?
- Commander's Message
- Washington Watch
- On Duty
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
- Cover: Wonderful: Few films have affirmed our values and our holiday hopes as touchingly as It's A Wonderful Life. Illustration by Eric J.W. Lee.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)