The American Legion [Volume 139, No. 2 (August 1995)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- History Upheld: The Enola Gay deserves better than the National Air and Space Museum! by Herman G. Harrington
- He Gave Em Hell: A revealing interview with President Harry S. Truman by Philip C. Clarke
- The Manhattan Project: the making of the most fearsome weapon known to man by Sid Moody
- Birth of a Bomb: from the invisible atom to the end of World War II
- Welcome to Oddball U.: Get a new spin on higher education by Phyllis Zauner
- Going the Second Mile: You'll never wear the stars without making that extra effort by John F. Flanagan, Jr.
- Special Section: Foreign Policy
- Do We Have One? Why our country's "push me/pull me" diplomacy isn't working by Elliott Abrams
- What Did We Win in the Gulf? Despite what pundits say, Desert Storm fulfilled its goals by Brian Crozier
- Do Americans Expect Bloodless Victory? Recent campaigns have gone so well, we may have an unrealistic view of war by Gonzalo I. Vergara
- Big Issues: Should Congress end affirmative action?
- Your American Legion
- Commander's Message
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Cover: The contrasting personalities of Dr. Robert Oppenheimer and Brig. Gen. Leslie Groves guided America's top-secret mission to build an atomic bomb. See page 30. Illustration by David Beck.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)