The American Legion [Volume 138, No. 5 (May 1995)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- 1995 Washington Conference Report: Members of Congress and the Citizens Flag Alliance rally for a Constitutional Amendment to protect our Flag
- In Grateful Tribute: Together, Legionnaires and boy scouts honor the nation's veterans on Memorial Day by Miles Z. Epstein
- Some Still Remember: Korean War veterans share poignant memories of the "Forgotten War"
- Okinawa, the Last Stand: More than 12,000 Americans lost their lives as entrenched Japanese troops refused to surrender by Sid Moody
- V-E Day: Allies crushed the remnants of the German army to end Hitler's terror by Sid Moody
- The Flag is America: Why our Flag is so important and must be protected by John Carroll
- Protecting Our Nation's Flag: The Citizens Flag Alliance cannot prevail without the support of those who share its goals by Daniel S. Wheeler
- How the Legion Held Sway on Enola Gay: An inside look at the Legion's victorious campaign against a museum's attempt to rewrite history
- Big Issues: Should Congress halt welfare benefits for unwed teenage mothers?
- Your American Legion
- Commander's Message
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Cover: Boy Scout Troop 82 in Seneca, S.C. pays tribute to veterans who gave their lives for our country. Turn to page 22 to read about other ways in which America remembers veterans sacrifices. Photograph by Robin Nelson/Mercury Pictures.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)