The American Legion [Volume 138, No. 2 (February 1995)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- VA Budget: Just Treading Water: The 1995 funding barely manages to keep the department afloat
- Back to Back and Bottomed Out: Defense cuts have sapped our military's ability to fight two wars at once by William Matthews
- When Justice Robs the Victims of Crime: A grieving mother sparked a national movement to change how courts treat crime victims and their families
- Helping Hands: Thousands of Vietnamese who lost limbs because of the war receive hope and comfort by Ken Scharnberg
- Bloody Iwo: Six hundred Marines died on just the first day of this WWII battle by Sid Moody
- Russia's Dirty Chemical Secret: Russia may have unleashed a new weapon on our troops in the Gulf War by Cliff Kincaid
- Oceans of Energy: Hydrogen is clean, safe and may soon power your car and heat your home by Gary Turbak
- Your American Legion
- Commander's Message
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Big Issues: Should Congress vote for a balanced-budget Constitutional Amendment?
- Cover: Budget cuts have stretched our defense capabilities and almost reduced the military to the size it was before the Korean War. See page 23. Photography by Frederick Sutter.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)