The American Legion [Volume 137, No. 6 (December 1994)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Who Will Remember It after we are Gone? USS Utah survivors fight for recognition and access to the ship and her memorial by Ray Mahon
- Health Reform Must Strengthen VA: National Commander Detweiler tells Congress to protect VA's role as the healthcare provider for veterans
- A Most Memorable Christmas: For a few moments 50 years ago, enemies shared the spirit of the season by Gene DuVall
- Who is America? What we believe about our families, our income, even our complexion, may no longer be true
- The War Years: 1944
- A Determined America: Americans anxiously hoped for the beginning of the end by Norman Goldstein
- Why Ike was Liked: Eisenhower's experience made him the perfect choice to lead the allies on D-Day
- The Beginning of the End: "The Longest Day" turned the tide against the Germans
- The Red Ball Express: More than 6. 000 Drivers and trucks kept the Allied attack supplied
- I Have Returned: Gen. Douglas MacArthur fulfills his promise to the Philippines
- Philippine Scouts: Loyal and Courageous: These brave U.S. Allies endured hardships and horrors to defend their homeland
- Nuts! The Allies could taste victory in Europe, but then there was "The Bulge"
- The Fighting Seabees: Whenever and wherever airfields or bases were needed, these builder-fighters said "Can Do"
- Big Issues: Should America sell arms to Pakistan to curb its nuclear intentions?
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Commander's Message
- Legion News
- Washington Watch
- Cover: Despite two years of war, most Americans thought it would take another year or two before the troops would return. See page 28. "Home for Christmas" illustration by Mark Riedy/Scott Hull Assoc.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)