The American Legion [Volume 137, No. 6 (December 1994)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Who Will Remember It after we are Gone? USS Utah survivors fight for recognition and access to the ship and her memorial by Ray Mahon
- Health Reform Must Strengthen VA: National Commander Detweiler tells Congress to protect VA's role as the healthcare provider for veterans
- A Most Memorable Christmas: For a few moments 50 years ago, enemies shared the spirit of the season by Gene DuVall
- Who is America? What we believe about our families, our income, even our complexion, may no longer be true
- The War Years: 1944
- A Determined America: Americans anxiously hoped for the beginning of the end by Norman Goldstein
- Why Ike was Liked: Eisenhower's experience made him the perfect choice to lead the allies on D-Day
- The Beginning of the End: "The Longest Day" turned the tide against the Germans
- The Red Ball Express: More than 6. 000 Drivers and trucks kept the Allied attack supplied
- I Have Returned: Gen. Douglas MacArthur fulfills his promise to the Philippines
- Philippine Scouts: Loyal and Courageous: These brave U.S. Allies endured hardships and horrors to defend their homeland
- Nuts! The Allies could taste victory in Europe, but then there was "The Bulge"
- The Fighting Seabees: Whenever and wherever airfields or bases were needed, these builder-fighters said "Can Do"
- Big Issues: Should America sell arms to Pakistan to curb its nuclear intentions?
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Commander's Message
- Legion News
- Washington Watch
- Cover: Despite two years of war, most Americans thought it would take another year or two before the troops would return. See page 28. "Home for Christmas" illustration by Mark Riedy/Scott Hull Assoc.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)