The American Legion [Volume 137, No. 1 (July 1994)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Minneapolis: The Legion Shall Return: This year's Convention returns to the site of the first one, as the Legion celebrates 75 years of service to God and Country
- The Spirit of Liberty: Inspiring words for all Americans to ponder as we celebrate the Fourth of July by Learned Hand
- Taxing the Traveler: Hapless visitors are prey for cash-strapped states by Lawrence Tabak
- A Hard Look at the All-Volunteer Force: Today's military faces a disinterested administration and an apathetic public, says military manpower expert Charles Moskos
- Diary of an Ex-Junk Food Addict: Going on a diet obviously takes willpower, but it also can change your life forever by Larry Siegel
- What Went Wrong with Our Country? In three short decades, the America we love has radically changed for the worse by Gary Bauer
- Spring Meeting
- Legion's Battle Plan for a Flag Amendment: The NEC commits the Legion to a nationwide, grassroots campaign to ensure protection of the U.S. Flag
- How to Unclog VA's Backlog: The Legion offers a detailed proposal to reduce VA claims delays
- Big Issues: Should Congress set time limits on welfare benefits?
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Commander's Message
- Legion News
- Washington Watch
- Cover: Independence Day offers Americans another opportunity to pledge their faith in the glorious destiny of our great country. See page 14. Photograph by H. Armstrong Roberts.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)