The American Legion [Volume 135, No. 6 (December 1993)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- VA Can't Survive by Standing Still: National Commander Thiesen tells Congress that VA will have to compete under the President's health-care plan
- Holiday Voices from WWII: Vivid, heartfelt memories from the new book, Voices: Letters from World War II
- Giving Hope in Somalia: How U.S. troops displayed the Yuletide spirit in blight-stricken Africa by Gidget Fuentes
- The Coming Boom in Latin America: A tidal wave of democracy now is followed by a revolutionary economic expansion by Elliott Abrams
- Stop Pulling America Apart: One of America's leading historians warns that multiculturalist extremists are cracking the melting pot
- The War Years: 1943
- On the March: From North Africa to Rome, U.S. ground forces came fully of age by Rick Hampson
- Island Hopping in the Pacific: Some of the war's bloodiest battles were fought on South Pacific beaches
- At Home, the Nation Delivers: Hard work and rationing made America the Arsenal of Democracy
- Softening Up Hitler: From the air and on the ground, the Allies prepared to invade Fortress Europe
- Big Issues: Should Congress support President Clinton's health plan?
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Commander's Message
- Legion News
- Washington Watch
- Cover: GIs always carry the holiday spirit with them. Last year, they brought it to Somalia; 50 years ago, to Europe and Africa. See pages 20 and 24 for tales of A GI Christmas. Photo by Wide World Photos.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)