The American Legion [Volume 135, No. 3 (September 1993)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Retiring Gradually: Flexible hours and leaves of absence help workers ease into retirement by Gordon Williams
- VA Research: We All Benefit: Although VA research has improved Americans health, budget cuts now threaten this program by Ken Scharnberg
- Going to School by Staying at Home: More and more parents believe they can succeed at home where schools have failed by Deidre Sullivan
- Aids: Undue Alarm: To dramatize the dangers, activists have been playing fast and loose with the numbers by Steve Salerno
- The Ghost Plane From Mindanao: You may have the information to help solve this WWII mystery
- Family Ties: Longer Lives: Centenarians reveal the secret of their long and healthy lives by Rodney Angrove
- Do We Need a National Sales Tax? As this tax idea receives national attention, both sides debate
- The Veterans Big Three: An exclusive roundtable discussion with the government's key decision makers on veterans issues
- What Homosexuals Want from America: Gays really seek society's approval of their behavior by Gurney Williams III
- Big Issues: Should the United States lift the 30-year trade embargo on Cuba?
- Your American Legion
- Veterans Update
- Parting Shots
- Washington Watch
- Legion News
- Cover: Debra Pinion's children are among the hundreds of thousands who now go to school at home. To learn more about this fast-growing trend, see page 25. Photo by Rick Kopstein/Picture Group.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)