The American Legion [Volume 113, No. 2 (August 1982)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Nostalgia a la mode: Ice cream, considered an institution in the U.S., made famous by a renowned first lady, is just about the closest thing there is to a natural food by Ruth Pittman
- The Contest For Freedom: The U.S. and U.S.S.R. each face seven vulnerabilities in the '80s. The U.S. can correct its vulnerabilities. The Soviets can't and remain Marxist by David M. Abshire
- Combat Art: U. S. Navy: The U.S. Navy in action in different wars is seen through the eyes and artistic talents of Navy combat artists working at the scene
- Timesharing: Penny Wise or Pound Foolish? Here's a look at how best to navigate the tricky shoals of timesharing, a modern real estate concept permitting multi-ownership of an apartment. It's a dream come true when well planned and managed, but a nightmare when it's not by Dana K. Cassell
- Best and Worst Job in Sports: ". . .wifey and a couple of relatives . . . pull for ya. In the end, ya just can't win," was how the late, great Casey Stengel described his life in baseball. Then why would anyone want to manage a big-league team? by Al Stump
- Commander's Message: "Challenge For The Future"
- Big Issues: "Is A Nuclear Arms Freeze Advisable?"
- The Message Center
- News for Legionnaires
- Dateline Washington
- News to Use
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)