The American Legion [Volume 113, No. 1 (July 1982)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Chicago: Your Kind Of Town: Carl Sandburg called it the "Stormy, husky brawling, City of the big shoulders." Legionnaires at the 64th National Convention will get their own shot at describing this indescribable city
- Bloody Waters Of The Falklands: The bleak collection of rocks in the South Atlantic called The Falkland Islands has a strategic importance to the world that's been bitterly fought over in the past, is equally contested today and may be the site of a U.S. -Soviet confrontation in the future by Ernest Cuneo
- Sea Guerrillas: WWII strategists learned they could blunt the deadly force of German U-boat attacks with, of all things, a Portuguese fishing boat by Dean W. Ballenger
- Signing Of The Declaration of Independence: If you thought you knew all the "facts" surrounding the signing of the Declaration of Independence, think again by Gary Bousman
- Terrorism: A Case Of False Security: The United States is no longer immune to the types of atrocities committed by European and third-world nation terrorists. The horror has come to rest on our own shores by Jerome Greer Chandler
- Commander's Message: "We Make the Difference"
- Big Issues: "Should Congress Repeal the Equal Time Fairness Law?"
- The Message Center
- News for Legionnaires
- Dateline Washington
- News to Use
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)