The American Legion [Volume 112, No. 6 (June 1982)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Blue Sweetheart of the Desert: The popularity and prices of turquoise have skyrocketed in recent years. Many people are attracted by its beauty, still others are drawn by the folk art, and folklore, that are inextricably bound to the gem by Rick Lanning
- Battling Back at the U.N.: The United States is often vilified, assailed and condemned in the halls of the United Nations. "Enough is enough," says our feisty U.N. Ambassador by Philip C. Clarke
- Off The Highway: The Texas Sports Hall of Fame: Ernie Banks, Willie Shoemaker and A. J. Foyt are just a few of the Lone Star state's native sons who made it big in the sports world and whose deeds are enshrined in this museum between Dallas and Fort Worth by Paul Martin
- The Saber and the Tin Cup: The Soviet Union is on the brink of economic chaos. The Kremlin's solution? borrow so much from the Free World that the Free World will go broke if Communism fails by Ernest Cuneo
- Two Who Dared at Ap Bac: Two GIs in their early 20s did what had to be done one day in the Ap Bac sector of the Mekong Delta by Lawrence Cortesi
- Commander's Message: "The Voice of Reality"
- Big Issues: "Should Development of the B-1 Bomber Be Halted?"
- The Message Center
- News for Legionnaires
- Dateline Washington
- News to Use
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)