The American Legion [Volume 112, No. 5 (May 1982)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- From Faith To Commitment: A Veteran's Perspective: That so many of us came close to dying is at the heart of our commonality as veterans of war. But what, really, is the fine line that separates the survivors from those we honor on Memorial Day? by Capt. Gerald L. Coffee, USN
- New Hope for Stroke Prevention: Each year, some half million Americans suffer a stroke. But, thanks to medical discoveries and education, many more are either dodging that stroke or bouncing back to complete health after being stricken by Dr. Arthur S. Freese
- World's Fairs: Past, Present and Future: There's more to World's Fairs than cotton candy. There are colored bathtubs, patent corn broom handles, laser beam saws and much, much more by Roberta Roesch
- Pipeline To Defeat: Sometimes battles are not won by men, equipment or firepower. Fate, or luck, defeated Rommel at El Alamein during WWII by Samuel Stanley
- Puzzling Visions of the Near-Dead: Even some skeptics have become convinced that many of their almost-dead patients have been given a peek through the door that leads to the hereafter by Phyllis Zauner
- Commander's Message: "Our Greatest Asset"
- Big Issues: "Should the New Department of Education Be Abolished?"
- The Message Center
- News for Legionnaires
- Dateline Washington
- News to Use
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)