The American Legion Magazine [Volume 93, No. 2 (August 1972)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Can We Save Our Schools by Demanding Results? Our educational system as a whole is one of the most expensive failures we own. Here is a look at what went wrong, and why, and how the system can perhaps yet be saved. by Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D.
- W.C. Handy and the Birth of the Blues: Few American musicians have become more famous than William Christopher handy, the Father of the Blues, and none has become a musical giant against greater odds by Peggy Robbins
- Should Congress Adopt a Value-Added Tax? Two Sides of a National Question: Pro: Rep. Orval Hansen (R-ID) Con: Sen. James B. Pearson (R-KS)
- A Look at the Appalachian Trail: Ten pages of photos and text on the trail that runs some 2,000 miles through 14 states, from Maine to Georgia by Leavitt A. Knight, Jr.
- Cover: Drawing by James Flora
- Letters to the Editor
- Dateline Washington
- Life in the Outdoors
- Veterans Newsletter
- News of The American Legion
- Legion Shopper
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)