The American Legion Magazine [Volume 42, No. 1 (January 1947)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Drawing by Earl Oliver Hurst
- How to Spot a Communist: The first step in fighting commies is to get them into the open by Karl Baarslag
- Recipe for Murder (fiction): You'll agree that it was at least a pleasant way to die by C.P. Donnel, Jr.
- Basketball's Bad Men: The Whiz Kids of Illinois are back from the wars with winning ways by Bob Deindorfer
- How a Legion Scout Troop Grew Up: The boys from Akron traded merit badges for overseas stripes by Fred Barton
- Americanism in Action: The American way is still best by Paul H. Griffith, National Commander
- "Here's Your Home": How Franklin, N. H., provides houses without worrying about profits by Isabelle H. Daniel
- He Ran At Pamplona! When you stick your neck out you've got to bull your way through by Barnaby Conrad
- Tough Top Sergeant: The story of our two-war National Commander by Richard Seelye Jones
- Meet Mr. Grizzly: Discretion calls for correct handling of shooting utensils by Russell Annabel
- Riding the Big Board: You can make money in Wall Street but you have to work for it by Sam Shulsky
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)