The American Legion Magazine [Volume 42, No. 1 (January 1947)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Drawing by Earl Oliver Hurst
- How to Spot a Communist: The first step in fighting commies is to get them into the open by Karl Baarslag
- Recipe for Murder (fiction): You'll agree that it was at least a pleasant way to die by C.P. Donnel, Jr.
- Basketball's Bad Men: The Whiz Kids of Illinois are back from the wars with winning ways by Bob Deindorfer
- How a Legion Scout Troop Grew Up: The boys from Akron traded merit badges for overseas stripes by Fred Barton
- Americanism in Action: The American way is still best by Paul H. Griffith, National Commander
- "Here's Your Home": How Franklin, N. H., provides houses without worrying about profits by Isabelle H. Daniel
- He Ran At Pamplona! When you stick your neck out you've got to bull your way through by Barnaby Conrad
- Tough Top Sergeant: The story of our two-war National Commander by Richard Seelye Jones
- Meet Mr. Grizzly: Discretion calls for correct handling of shooting utensils by Russell Annabel
- Riding the Big Board: You can make money in Wall Street but you have to work for it by Sam Shulsky
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)