The American Legion Magazine [Volume 40, No. 11 (November 1946)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Drawing by Bill O'Brian
- Get What You Vote For: A practical suggestion for keeping tabs on your Congressman and Senators by Kent Cooper
- Tumbleweed (fiction): The Taylor Stage Line was jinxed and needed a man who'd take a chance by Barry Cord
- Mr. Chief Justice: A veteran of WWI and a Legionaire is Chief Justice Fred Vinson by Richard Seelye Jones
- Time to Balance Your Books: If you left debts behind when you went into service by Clarence Woodbury
- Good for 1,000 Years: Inside Washington with a group of Boys' Staters by Boyd B. Stutler
- The BIG War and Me: They didn't seem to want heroes from WW1 and WW2 by Fibber McGee
- Play by Play (fiction): There are some angles a murderer never figures by Russell Collins
- The $100,000,000 Football Robbery: A personality piece about animals well equipped to outsmart hunters by Shirley Povich
- American Legion College for Leaders: The American Legion inaugurates another training program by Joseph C. Keeley
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Parting Shots
Please note that this printing of the November 1946 magazine was printed with the May 1946 magazine cover. Original November 1946 cover is included for reference.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)