The American Legion Magazine [Volume 43, No. 3 (September 1947)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Photo by Ben DeBrocke.
- Billion-Dollar Bargains by Clarence Woodbury. The story behind the war surplus sales
- Death in Deep Water (fiction) by Shad Collins. The Swede had his heart set on the sunken yacht's treasure
- The Mad Maestro of Football by Paul Gardner. Frank Leahy, Notre Dames famous coach, eats and sleeps football
- A Report from Hollywood by R. Wilson Brown. Some back-of-screen stories from the film capital
- Russian Fairy Tale by Col. John O. Beaty. Debunking some familiar Soviet claims
- Do Something About It by John Keating. Is Legionnaires, there's plenty we can do about community problems
- Hey! Get Out! , by Ray Holland. Sportsmen will get farther if they look at the farmer s side of it
- Whatever Goes Up... by Al Peterson. Ex airmen are learning that civilian flying represents new problems
- Campus Caravans by William F. McDermott. Who wants a dormitory room when you can take your home to college?
- The Postman Rings for Legionnaires by C.M. Wilson. Thousands of new members are training for Legion leadership by mail.
- On Hallowed Ground by Paul H. Griffith. Our Immediate Past National Commander discusses the Mission to Europe
- A Man's Tie Rack by Paul Andrews. The cravat is probably a dead give-away to your character
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Veterans with Ideas
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)