The American Legion Magazine [Volume 43, No. 3 (September 1947)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Photo by Ben DeBrocke.
- Billion-Dollar Bargains by Clarence Woodbury. The story behind the war surplus sales
- Death in Deep Water (fiction) by Shad Collins. The Swede had his heart set on the sunken yacht's treasure
- The Mad Maestro of Football by Paul Gardner. Frank Leahy, Notre Dames famous coach, eats and sleeps football
- A Report from Hollywood by R. Wilson Brown. Some back-of-screen stories from the film capital
- Russian Fairy Tale by Col. John O. Beaty. Debunking some familiar Soviet claims
- Do Something About It by John Keating. Is Legionnaires, there's plenty we can do about community problems
- Hey! Get Out! , by Ray Holland. Sportsmen will get farther if they look at the farmer s side of it
- Whatever Goes Up... by Al Peterson. Ex airmen are learning that civilian flying represents new problems
- Campus Caravans by William F. McDermott. Who wants a dormitory room when you can take your home to college?
- The Postman Rings for Legionnaires by C.M. Wilson. Thousands of new members are training for Legion leadership by mail.
- On Hallowed Ground by Paul H. Griffith. Our Immediate Past National Commander discusses the Mission to Europe
- A Man's Tie Rack by Paul Andrews. The cravat is probably a dead give-away to your character
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Veterans with Ideas
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)