The American Legion Magazine [Volume 43, No. 2 (August 1947)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Drawing by George Hughes.
- This Is New York by 12 Men You Know. Required reading for anyone planning to attend the National Convention
- U.S. Air Power, Limited by General H.H. Arnold. Once supreme in the skies, we are becoming a. have-not nation in aviation
- Three Shots at Kelsey (fiction) by William Corson. The story of a man-hunt, with the impact of a .300 Magnum bullet
- A Wide Open Convention by Paul H. Griffith. Each man, says the National Commander, will vote as his conscience dictates
- Mild Mannered Tornado by Gene Ward. Jack Kramer proves it's possible to play top tennis without tantrums
- Soldiers Don't Sing War Songs by Don Whitehead. Why the men of World War 2 didn't go for martial music
- Beware of the Animal by Archibald Rutledge. Under certain conditions even a squirrel or heifer can be dangerous
- A Day with a Field Secretary by Boyd B. Stutler. A one-armed paperhanger has nothing on a Legion trouble-shooter
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Veterans with Ideas
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)