The American Legion Magazine [Volume 43, No. 2 (August 1947)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Drawing by George Hughes.
- This Is New York by 12 Men You Know. Required reading for anyone planning to attend the National Convention
- U.S. Air Power, Limited by General H.H. Arnold. Once supreme in the skies, we are becoming a. have-not nation in aviation
- Three Shots at Kelsey (fiction) by William Corson. The story of a man-hunt, with the impact of a .300 Magnum bullet
- A Wide Open Convention by Paul H. Griffith. Each man, says the National Commander, will vote as his conscience dictates
- Mild Mannered Tornado by Gene Ward. Jack Kramer proves it's possible to play top tennis without tantrums
- Soldiers Don't Sing War Songs by Don Whitehead. Why the men of World War 2 didn't go for martial music
- Beware of the Animal by Archibald Rutledge. Under certain conditions even a squirrel or heifer can be dangerous
- A Day with a Field Secretary by Boyd B. Stutler. A one-armed paperhanger has nothing on a Legion trouble-shooter
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Veterans with Ideas
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)