The American Legion Magazine [Volume 43, No. 1 (July 1947)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover Photo by Leo Aarons
- Dang'dest Show on Earth by C. C. Springfield. How Texas convicts bust bulls and sometimes try to bust out at their rodeo
- Sidewise Johansen (fiction) by Fred Lane. An up-and-coming chief mate gets his come-uppance
- No End to Traffic Deaths? by Myron Stearns. Motorists carry the seeds of destruction within themselves
- Brass Knocker by R. Wilson Brown. How a sergeant whittled very important people down to size
- Where Are the Veterans' Hospitals? by Charles Hurd and Robert B. Pitkin. There are many scapegoats but the villain is Mr. Average Citizen
- Three Answers to Housing Question by J.C. Keeley. Pictures that tell more than most of the words spoken on this subject
- Look, No Motor! by Alexis Dawydoff. How modern Darius Greens are leaving the world behind
- Our Fight Against Communism by Paul H. Griffith. Freedom vs. Bondage as seen by the National Commander
- More Than a Comeback by Robert R. Richards. How far can you go in the prize ring on an aluminum leg?
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Sports Varieties
- Veterans with Ideas
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)