The American Legion Magazine [Volume 45, No. 5 (November 1948)]
American Legion. National Headquarters
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cover illustration by Charles "Bud" Hawes
- Wilderness Fury (fiction) by Jim Kjelgaard. In the forest, too, it's kill or be killed
- Talk About Troubles! by Dr. Daniel A. Poling. For those who think that things look hopeless
- Confessions of a Contest Judge by William J. Rowland as told to Jay Uttal. What some people will do for a few thousand dollars!
- Can You Deal with the VA? by T.W. Brickett. At least 50 percent of all veterans get off on the wrong foot
- He Stole a Million by Michael MacDougall. The story of an arch-swindler of our times
- Colorado's Walking Blood Bank: How a Legion Post has adapted a wartime idea to present-day use
- Legion Newsletter: Bulletins of special interest to veterans
- Report from Hollywood by r. Wilson Brown. Happenings in moviedom, as seen by a vet
- The Frontier's Last "War" by James O'Shaughnessy. Less than 20 years before WW1 we almost had an Indian uprisings
- The Editors' Corner
- Sound Off!
- Lining Em Up
- Little Known Rights of Vets
- Life in the Open
- Vets with Ideas
- Book Reviews
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)