The American Legion [Volume 169, No. 3 (September 2010)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- New Hope, New Orleans: A replacement VA medical center writes a new chapter in the Big Easy’s stormy history. By Jeff Stoffer and Steve Brooks.
- A Legacy of Legion Giving: Gift annuities and charitable contributions extend The American Legion’s reach.
- Behind the Blue Star: Every day, every deployment, the strength of America’s military families is tested. By Ken Olsen.
- Marriages of Convenience: Throughout U.S. history, the enemy of our enemy has not always been our friend. By Alan W. Dowd
- Military Monikers: Derogatory, humorous, descriptive or just plain strange, service nicknames come in all varieties. By Harvey Meyer.
- The First Generation: South Dakota congressman voted against declaring war, only to enlist and return a combat hero. By Paul Fedorchak.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)