The American Legion [Volume 167, No. 6 (December 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Holiday Honors: This Christmas, volunteers will place 100,000 wreaths at Arlington and other veterans cemeteries. By Dennis McCafferty.
- The War Inside: A rising suicide rate among soldiers has the Army and VA stepping up prevention efforts. By Ken Olsen.
- The Magi From Texas In the middle of a war, three U.S. soldiers blessed an Italian family with an unexpected Christmas Eve dinner. By Anthony V. Cervone.
- The Boy With the 40-Year-Old Kidney: With the help of Legionnaires, the Children’s Organ Transplant Association helps hundreds of families every year. By Margaret Davidson.
- The First Generation: Before founding The New Yorker magazine, World War I veteran Harold Ross edited The American Legion Weekly. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)