The American Legion [Volume 167, No. 5 (November 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Great Reversal: Woodrow Wilson pledged to keep the United States out of war, until he saw no other alternative but to fight. By James D. Startt.
- How the Military Changed My Life: Readers share how the discipline, camaraderie and sacrii ce of service shaped them.
- Pride and Purpose In Louisville, Legionnaires celebrated a year of achievements and planned for an even better tomorrow. By Steve Brooks.
- A Freedom Problem: Failed states – not powerful ones – pose a greater threat to our national security. By Alan W. Dowd.
- The First Generation: World War I ace Eddie Rickenbacker courted the Legion to buy the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)