The American Legion [Volume 167, No. 5 (November 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Great Reversal: Woodrow Wilson pledged to keep the United States out of war, until he saw no other alternative but to fight. By James D. Startt.
- How the Military Changed My Life: Readers share how the discipline, camaraderie and sacrii ce of service shaped them.
- Pride and Purpose In Louisville, Legionnaires celebrated a year of achievements and planned for an even better tomorrow. By Steve Brooks.
- A Freedom Problem: Failed states – not powerful ones – pose a greater threat to our national security. By Alan W. Dowd.
- The First Generation: World War I ace Eddie Rickenbacker courted the Legion to buy the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)