The American Legion [Volume 167, No. 3 (September 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Forgotten Fronts: India, Pakistan, the Philippines and others illustrate the global nature of the war on terrorism. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Monumental Challenge: The Supreme Court hears arguments in October that could decide the future of veterans memorials everywhere. By Steve Brooks.
- Out of the Darkness: DoD, VA try to harness a problem affecting women and men alike: military sexual trauma. By Ken Olsen.
- Crude Realities: Once upon a time, nations went to war over salt. Today, of course, they battle over the world’s energy resources. What will it take to turn oil into salt? By Anne Korin.
- The World According to Joe Matthews: The past national commander from Texas looks back on his colorful career as a Navy man and a Legion leader. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- For Luck: Combat veterans swear that goodluck charms and rituals protected them at war. By Harvey Meyer.
- The First Generation: John Stelle’s efforts helped convince Congress to pass the GI Bill. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)