The American Legion [Volume 167, No. 3 (September 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Forgotten Fronts: India, Pakistan, the Philippines and others illustrate the global nature of the war on terrorism. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Monumental Challenge: The Supreme Court hears arguments in October that could decide the future of veterans memorials everywhere. By Steve Brooks.
- Out of the Darkness: DoD, VA try to harness a problem affecting women and men alike: military sexual trauma. By Ken Olsen.
- Crude Realities: Once upon a time, nations went to war over salt. Today, of course, they battle over the world’s energy resources. What will it take to turn oil into salt? By Anne Korin.
- The World According to Joe Matthews: The past national commander from Texas looks back on his colorful career as a Navy man and a Legion leader. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- For Luck: Combat veterans swear that goodluck charms and rituals protected them at war. By Harvey Meyer.
- The First Generation: John Stelle’s efforts helped convince Congress to pass the GI Bill. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)