The American Legion [Volume 167, No. 2 (August 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Birth of a New GI Bill: VA’s education director plays a key role in getting the upgraded benefit to veterans. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- The Shelf Lives of Warplanes: The military’s procurement process is impeding a new, ef ective and longlived series of aircraft. By Peter Grant.
- America at 300: If our first 200 years are any guide, tragedy and triumph can be expected between now and America’s 300th birthday. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Burden of Proof: If VA is to reverse a claims backlog that numbers nearly 1 million cases, government leaders believe a major overhaul and a change of culture are both needed. By Ken Olsen
- Dan Sowers: As the “Father of Legion Baseball,” the World War I veteran founded one of the country’s leading sports programs for youth. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)