The American Legion [Volume 167, No. 2 (August 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Birth of a New GI Bill: VA’s education director plays a key role in getting the upgraded benefit to veterans. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- The Shelf Lives of Warplanes: The military’s procurement process is impeding a new, ef ective and longlived series of aircraft. By Peter Grant.
- America at 300: If our first 200 years are any guide, tragedy and triumph can be expected between now and America’s 300th birthday. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Burden of Proof: If VA is to reverse a claims backlog that numbers nearly 1 million cases, government leaders believe a major overhaul and a change of culture are both needed. By Ken Olsen
- Dan Sowers: As the “Father of Legion Baseball,” the World War I veteran founded one of the country’s leading sports programs for youth. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)