The American Legion [Volume 166, No. 5 (May 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Our Helmets Duel No More: A U.S. general and his Vietnamese counterpart meet to lay the past to rest, and pray for peace. By Retired Lt. Gen. Hal Moore.
- Darryl Worley Hasn’t Forgotten: Known for his stirring anthem about 9/11, the country star continues to sing of patriotism and the troops. By Matt Grills.
- Missing in America: The hunt is on for unclaimed veterans’ ashes, so they may receive the military burials and honors they’re due. By Matt Grills.
- The Homecoming of José Pequeño: Doctors said he’d die of severe brain injury, but a determined Marine and his family proved them wrong. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Lost in Translation: Iraqis who risked life and limb to help the United States struggle to build new lives in America. By David Fisher.
- Spinal Cord Super Center: The Minneapolis VA Medical Center opens a truly state of the art facility for those suffering spinal cord injuries and disorders. By Steve Brooks.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Veterans Update
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)