The American Legion [Volume 166, No. 2 (February 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- How to Fund a War: “Operation Tin Cup” ef ectively paid for Desert Shield and Desert Storm. By William Diefenderfer and Robert Howard.
- Is Empire a Dirty Word? Believe it or not, America’s right where the founding fathers predicted. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Eight Thousand Mysteries: One soldier’s story may lead to answers about the fates of U.S. Korean War MIAs. By David Fisher.
- Franklin D’Olier: The Legion’s first national commander labored day and night to build the l edgling organization.
- The Flag Riot of Frisco: In 1941, two sailors risked their lives to keep the swastika from flying here in America. By Daniel J. Demers.
- The Purple Heart: The purpose and prevalence of the award has varied throughout U.S. history. By James V. Carroll.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)