The American Legion [Volume 166, No. 2 (February 2009)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- How to Fund a War: “Operation Tin Cup” ef ectively paid for Desert Shield and Desert Storm. By William Diefenderfer and Robert Howard.
- Is Empire a Dirty Word? Believe it or not, America’s right where the founding fathers predicted. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Eight Thousand Mysteries: One soldier’s story may lead to answers about the fates of U.S. Korean War MIAs. By David Fisher.
- Franklin D’Olier: The Legion’s first national commander labored day and night to build the l edgling organization.
- The Flag Riot of Frisco: In 1941, two sailors risked their lives to keep the swastika from flying here in America. By Daniel J. Demers.
- The Purple Heart: The purpose and prevalence of the award has varied throughout U.S. history. By James V. Carroll.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)